Launched in 2004, Temple’s Advertising Department has grown from an entity of the Journalism Department into an established program with an advanced and comprehensive curriculum, giving our students an in-depth look at each facet of the industry. Each year, our department continues to advance and provide students with the skills necessary to stand out in a competitive and fast-moving industry.
Our faculty includes a blend of professors who helped build the program from a small sequence into an established department and adjuncts that currently work in the advertising industry. Together, they make up a diverse and experienced faculty who serve as mentors to students and guide them to career focused success.
Compared to programs at other universities, our program is unique in offering specialized, in-depth study in several disciplines. With four specialized tracks, in students are able to focus their studies towards what suits their particular interests and skills.
Opportunities through the student-run advertising agency Diamond Edge Communications and the student organization Temple Ad Club help students apply their skills and gain a better understanding of the advertising industry today.
ATTENTION: New Fall 2015 Electives
Search Engine Optimization ADV1010 sec. 1
Instructor: Ali Freezman, SEER Interactive
Wednesdays, 5:30 to 8 pm
Web Design and Development ADV 2010 sec. 2
Instructor: Richard Kirk, Merck
Mondays, 5:30 to 8 pm
Advertising and Society Dr. Brooke Duffy ADV 3000 Sec. 1
Tuesday/Thursday 11 to 12:20
Pharmaceutical Advertising ADV 2000 sec. 1
Instructor: Laurie Harrington
Mondays, 5:30 to 8 pm
- Next stop: Ogilvy & Mather, Manhattan
- Redesigned pregnancy test wins innovation contest for advertising alumna
- Advertising students tackle domestic violence with PSAs
- Advertising alumna helps bring Temple’s new brand campaign to life
- Advertising program featured by major industry organization
- Advertising Dept. instructor integrates #ALSIceBucketChallenge into first lesson
- Advertising class tackles full-scale campaign for trendy Tesla brand
- PhD student earns large grant for dissertation work
- NBC’s Brian Williams to receive 2014 Lew Klein award
- Ad Department celebrates first decade