Summary of Requirements for a Degree in Advertising
- University Core or GenEd Curriculum requirements
- Maximum of 71 credits in the School of Communications and Theater.
- Minimum of 48 credits in Advertising courses, maximum of 60 credits in Advertising courses.
- A grade of C or higher must be attained in all required Advertising courses
- An overall GPA of 2.0 must be attained in the major.
- 1000-level Advertising courses are prerequisites to 2000-level Advertising courses; 2000-level Advertising courses are prerequisites to 3000-level Advertising courses; 3000-level Advertising courses are prerequisites to 4000-level Advertising courses.
- No more than 12 semester hours of transfer credits may be applied to Advertising major requirements.
- No more than 8 credits may be taken in Kinesiology activities courses.
Advertising Course Curriculum Planning Worksheets (PDF download)