**Open to all Majors and Schools**
The Los Angeles Study Away Program provides students with direct learning insights and professional work experiences in the media and entertainment industries. This program exposes students to what the experience of living and working professionally in Los Angeles might be like. Internship opportunities span a broad spectrum including film, television, advertising, public relations, and entertainment management. Coursework includes Industry Perspectives, a guest-lecture series frequently visited by recent Academy Award winner William Goldenberg.
For more on Billy’s involvement with Temple and the LA Study Away Program, click here.
Spring 2014 semester: January 18th – May 11, 2014
Summer 2014 semester: May 20-August 3, 2014
Fall 2014 semester: August 24 – December 10, 2014 (Tentative dates)
- Intern at major entertainment, film, TV, talent, PR or music companies for college credit (check out the list of internship placements or read the internship FAQs)
- Take courses that provide a variety of perspectives on the entertainment industry from entry-level to executive
- Be exposed to opportunities for networking, career entry strategies and other career resources
- Attend major industry events and visit leading entertainment companies
- Live in Hollywood, in the heart of the entertainment industry
Like Us On Facebook
Connect With Us On LinkedIn
To learn more about applying to this program, click here.
Or learn more about…
See how Dan Wolner, a Media Studies & Production major, explores LA in Summer 2012 making sure to stop off at the beach:
LA is picturesque. See for yourself in this slide show by Brian Lipko, Summer 2011.
For other Study Away opportunities, please click here.