The Los Angeles Study Away Program provides students with direct learning insights and professional work experiences in the media and entertainment industries. This program exposes students to what the experience of living and working professionally in Los Angeles might be like. Internship opportunities span a broad spectrum including film, television, advertising, public relations, and entertainment management. Coursework includes Industry Perspectives, a guest-lecture series frequently visited by recent Academy Award winner William Goldenberg.
For more on Billy’s involvement with Temple and the LA Study Away Program, click here.
Spring 2013 semester: January 19 – May 8, 2013
Summer 2013 semester: May 21 – August 3, 2013
Fall 2013 semester: August 25 – December 9, 2013 (Tentative)
- Intern at major entertainment, film, TV, talent, PR or music companies for college credit (check out the list of internship placements or read the internship FAQs)
- Take courses that provide a variety of perspectives on the entertainment industry from entry-level to executive
- Be exposed to opportunities for networking, career entry strategies and other career resources
- Attend major industry events and visit leading entertainment companies
- Live in Hollywood, in the heart of the entertainment industry
Like Us On Facebook
To learn more about applying to this program, click here.
Or learn more about…
LA is picturesque. See for yourself in this slide show by Brian Lipko, Summer 2011.
For other Study Away opportunities, please click here.