Program Dates and Deadlines
Spring 2014 semester: January 18 – May 11, 2014
Summer 2014 semester: May 20 – August 3, 2014
Priority Deadline: November 22nd***
Regular Deadline: February 21st
Fall 2014 semester: August 24th – Dec. 10th (Tentative)
Regular Deadline: June 13th
***The summer priority deadline option is for students who are interested in applying for internships at some of the big name studios where application deadlines can be as early as January 2014. The vast majority of internship opportunities for the Summer 2014 program, however, will not become available until closer to departure in May 2014. We will only be able to consider your application for the priority deadline if you have submitted your application and both letters of recommendation online by November 22nd, 2013.
Application Requirements and Forms
Requirements for all applicants:
- Two recommendation letters from college instructors
- A current résumé
- An essay approximately 1-2 pages long describing how this program would contribute to your personal and academic development
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 is highly preferred
- Undergraduate students must have junior or senior status and have completed a minimum of 63 credits by the end of the previous semester before the internship
- Graduate students must have completed the first year of studies, typically 24 credits
- Non-Temple students must submit an official transcript to FMA Study Away
- Deposit – A $750 non-refundable deposit is due with your acceptance to LA Study Away. This deposit will roll over toward your tuition.
Apply using the forms below:
For more information contact both:
Nora Alter via firstname.lastname@example.org
Alison Crouse via email@example.com.