Location: McGonigle Hall
1800 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
Date: Friday, May 8, 2015
Time: 1:30 p.m.
Graduates are asked to arrive no later than 12:30 p.m.
If you are completing all requirements during the Spring 2015 semester or have been approved to “walk”**, you are invited to attend. Graduates may only attend one School Graduation Ceremony as well as university-wide May Commencement.
**If you are expecting to graduate in July 2015 and have no more than eight (8) credit hours remaining after Spring 2015 to complete your degree, you may petition to walk in the May 2015 graduation ceremonies. The Petition for Non-Graduates to Attend University Commencement and/or School Graduation Ceremonies must be submitted to the SMC Student Affairs Office in Annenberg Hall – Room 9 by February 15, 2015. Late or incomplete petitions will not be accepted.
Prospective May 2015 Graduates must do the following to attend the ceremony:
1. Complete a Graduation Review with an academic advisor:
At this appointment, you will complete the official SMC graduation paperwork and receive a list of your remaining courses/credits for graduation. You may visit the SMC Student Affairs Office in Annenberg Hall, Room 9 or contact (215) 204-5273 to schedule your appointment.
For more information regarding the Graduation Review, please visit our Apply for Graduation page.
2. Submit your Online Graduation Application through Self-Service Banner:
If you plan to complete your remaining degree requirements during the Spring 2015 semester, you must submit the Online Graduation Application by February 15, 2015.
Please be sure that all information (the spelling of your name, permanent address, and major[s]/minor[s]) is correct prior to submitting. Any changes made to your record after submission will result in the removal of your application, and you will be responsible for submitting a new one.
For instructions on how to submit your Online Graduation Application, please visit our Apply for Graduation page.
3. Register for the Ceremony and RSVP for tickets online for your guests:
Registration for the University Commencement and the SMC Graduation Ceremony will begin on Monday, February 16, 2015. Eligible students are entitled to a MAXIMUM of four (4) tickets to each event. To register and RSVP for guest tickets, please visit the Commencement website. Deadline to RSVP is Friday, March 20, 2015.
- For Undergraduate students (BA), tickets will be available for pick-up in the SMC Student Affairs Office in Annenberg Hall, Room 9, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, April 13, 2015 through Friday, April 17, 2015. All students must present valid ID in order for tickets to be released.
- Note: Once you sign for your tickets, they are NON-REPLACEABLE. It is the responsibility of the student to count and retain their allotted number of tickets. Lost or stolen tickets will NOT be replaced. Forfeited tickets will NOT be redistributed. No extra tickets will be given. Tickets will NOT be mailed.
- For Graduate students (MA, MJ, MS, and PhD), tickets will be available for pick-up in the SMC Office of Research & Graduate Studies in Annenberg Hall, Room 344, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, April 13, 2015 through Friday, April 17, 2015. All students must present valid ID in order for tickets to be released.
4. Order academic regalia:
Purchase your required cap, gown, tassel, and hood at the Temple University Bookstore, located at 13th Street and Montgomery Avenue in the Howard Gittis Student Center. Online ordering will be available later in the Spring 2015 semester.
For the School of Media and Communication, the cap and gown are black; the hood is red, white and black; and the tassel is white with a gold ’15 charm.
The total price for the full regalia is:
- Bachelor of Arts: $65.98 + tax
- Master’s degree: $70.98 + tax
- Doctorate: $85.98 + tax
If you have questions regarding regalia, contact:
- Ms. Vicki Lentine (Bookstore): 215-204-8970
- Oak Hall (vendor): 1-800-456-7623
Visit our Graduation FAQ page to learn all of the details you, your family and friends need to know to celebrate your accomplishment.
Still have a question that hasn’t been answered here?