Upon review of your academic history, if it is determined that you have NOT met all necessary degree requirements, you will be contacted directly by an academic advisor. You will receive a formal letter in the mail instructing you to change your prospective graduation date and to register for classes. If you are cleared to graduate* and do not have holds against your account, you will receive your diploma approximately eight weeks after the current term’s diploma date.
*Please be aware that attending a graduation ceremony is NOT an indication that a student is academically cleared to graduate. Your final transcript with your degree posted is your official verification of graduation.
Yes, guests are required to present tickets for the SMC Winter Graduation Ceremony. Eligible students must register for tickets to attend the ceremony. Each student is entitled to a MAXIMUM of six (6)** tickets.
- Registration for the SMC Winter Graduation Ceremony will begin on October 27, 2014. To register for guest tickets, please visit our website: smc.temple.edu/graduation/rsvp. The deadline to RSVP is Friday, November 21, 2014.
- For Undergraduate (BA) students, tickets will be available for pick-up in the SMC Student Affairs Office, Annenberg Hall – Room 9, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, December 1, 2014 through Friday, December 12, 2014. All students must present valid ID and sign that they received their requested number of tickets. Note: Once you sign for your tickets, they are NON-REPLACEABLE. It is the responsibility of the student to count and retain their allotted number of tickets. Lost or stolen tickets will NOT be replaced. Forfeited tickets will NOT be redistributed. No extra tickets will be given. Tickets will NOT be mailed.
- For Graduate (MA, MJ, MS, and PhD) students, tickets will be available for pick-up in the SMC Office of Research & Graduate Studies, Annenberg Hall – Room 344, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, December 1, 2014 through Friday, December 12, 2014.
- SMC Graduation Ceremony tickets will NOT be redistributed. No extra tickets will be given. Tickets will NOT be mailed.
**For the SMC May 2015 Graduation Ceremony, students are entitled to a MAXIMUM of four (4) tickets. This is due to the limited space of the venue, fire marshal laws, and number of students attending.
August 2014 and Prospective December 2014 graduates, you are eligible to attend the graduation ceremony if you have:
- completed your mandatory online graduation application by October 15, 2014 on the TU Portal through Self-Service Banner under Students Records and Apply to Graduate.
- had your graduation review with an academic advisor.
- submitted your RSVP to attend the graduation ceremony between October 27, 2014 – November 21, 2014.
- been conferred your degree in August 2014*.
*Students may only attend one school graduation. If you walked in the May 2014 Ceremony, you are not eligible to attend the Winter Ceremony.
To be eligible for Graduation (Latin) Honors, at least 60 credits must be completed at Temple University and the final cumulative GPA must meet the qualifying standards. The qualifying cumulative GPA standards for SMC students graduating in August 2014, December 2014, and May 2015 are as follows:
- CGPA 3.60 to 3.75 = Cum Laude
- CGPA 3.76 to 3.87 = Magna Cum Laude
- CGPA 3.88 to 4.0 = Summa Cum Laude
Graduates are required to appear at the SMC Winter Graduation Ceremony wearing an approved cap, tassel, gown, and hood. Online ordering is now available: https://oakhalli.com/colleges/templeuniversity. The total price for your full regalia is as follows:
- Bachelor of Arts: $65.98 + tax
- Master’s degree: $70.98 + tax
- Doctorate: $85.98 + tax
Please note: The cap, tassel, gown and hood are yours to keep. You do not need to return these items after the ceremony.
To pick up your academic regalia, you must visit the Temple University Bookstore, located at 13th Street and Montgomery Avenue in the Howard Gittis Student Center. The Bookstore accepts payment in cash, check (payable to Temple University Bookstore), Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. If you require additional information, please contact Ms. Vicki Lentine (Bookstore) at 215-204-8970 or Oak Hall (vendor) at 1-800-456-7623.
Any holds against your account (Financial, Library, Athletic, Student Health Services, University Disciplinary Committee, and Exit Interviews) must be removed at least two weeks prior to graduation. Temple University will not release diplomas if a hold appears on the student’s account. To determine whether your account has any outstanding holds, visit Self-Service Banner, select Student, Student Records, and View Holds.
- Click here for more information regarding Financial Delinquencies.
- For Library Services, please contact the Circulation Desk for borrowing and fines assistance at 215-204-0744.
- For Athletic-related holds, please visit Compliance & Student-Athlete Affairs.
- For University Disciplinary Committee (UDC) holds, please contact the Office of Student Conduct at 215-204-3286.
- For Student Health Services (SHS), you may call 215-204-7500.
- Click here to complete the Exit Interview. If you have any questions in regards to the Exit Interview, please call the Bursar’s Office at 215-204-5549.