SMC Graduation Ceremony
December and January
- Make sure that you have met with your advisor at 88+ credit hours and that you are on track for your graduation date. We call this the “grad check.”
- Ensure that you have completed the mandatory online graduation application in Self-Service Banner. Be sure to confirm the spelling of your name, since this is the way it will appear on your diploma. You won’t want to frame a typo.
- Click on “Student”
- Click on “Student Records”
- Click on “Apply to Graduate”
- Read ALL of your graduation emails that you receive from the SMC Office of Student Affairs. There is important information contained in these messages.
- The mandatory online graduation application is due no later than Saturday, February 15, 2014. Please note: If this application is not complete, your diploma will NOT be ordered, you will NOT receive important graduation information (i.e. guest tickets), and your name will NOT appear in the School Graduation program.
- Remember those emails we asked you to read? One will arrive this month letting you know that the RSVP website is live. Be sure to RSVP, starting on Monday, February 24, 2014, so you get to experience the pomp and circumstance.
- Order your regalia from the bookstore. (It’s your cap, tassel, gown, and hood, but we really like the word “regalia.”)
- Have you RSVP’d yet for the SMC Graduation Ceremony? The deadline is Friday, March 28, 2014.
- At the Bursar’s website, complete your online exit interview.
- Not sure what to do after graduation? Schedule an appointment with Patrick Gordon at the SMC Center for Student Professional Development to discuss and develop your post-graduation options. You may schedule your appointment at (215) 204-5273.
- Be sure to visit the bookstore to pick up your regalia, if you did not have it shipped to your home. (See, isn’t “regalia” fun to say?)
- Pick up your tickets between Monday, April 21 – Friday, April 25, 2014 at the SMC Office of Student Affairs, Annenberg Hall, Room 9 (lower level) between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Tickets will not be mailed.
- SMC Graduation Ceremony tickets will NOT be redistributed. Students needing additional tickets are free to ask classmates, who do not need all tickets, to order the maximum and share the extras. Students need to make these arrangements themselves.
- Review the information sheet you receive with your tickets detailing the important information you’ll need to know for the graduation ceremony day. It seems like homework, but trust us, it’s important. Share it with your parents and guests.
- Make sure you do not have a hold on your record through Self-Service Banner. A hold will prevent you from receiving your diploma.
- You’ve done it! The SMC Graduation Ceremony is Thursday, May 15, 2014 at McGonigle Hall. Graduates are asked to arrive no later than 11:30 a.m. to receive their seating assignments and instructions. The ceremony will begin at 12:30 p.m.
- Seems like it’s been forever since your last final, right? Your diploma will be mailed to your permanent address 6-8 weeks after your graduation date if you have no holds on your record. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if it has not arrived within 8 weeks or if there is an issue with your diploma.
- Check out all of the benefits of being a part of Temple’s Alumni by visiting their website!