Welcome to the internship information center for Temple University’s Department of Journalism. This page is designed to answer all of your questions about the department’s internship program: who can sign up; how to sign up; what kinds of internships are available and how employers can participate.
Employers should send a job description and contact information and Professor Odom will (in most circumstances) post the information to our listserv. Students will contact employers directly. Intern selection decisions are left to employers; students’ work hours should be agreed upon between the intern and supervisor.
Questions should be directed to Professor Odom at email@example.com, and she should be contacted if any problems arise.
Internship Office Hours (Fall 2014)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9:30 – 11 am
Deadlines for Internship Submissions (Fall 2014)
- Midterm Supervisor Evaluations due Tuesday, October 14 (Complete online)
- Research Project proposal* due to Prof. Maida Odom Tuesday, October 21
- Final Supervisor Evaluations due Tuesday, December 16 (Complete online)
- Final intern self-evaluations due on or before Tuesday, December 16 (Complete online)
- Daily logs and portfolios or research projects must be submitted through email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, December 16
*Students submitting portfolios are not required to submit research proposals or research papers.
Four Steps to Enrolling in an Internship Program
Meet the Requirements
In order to accept a Department of Journalism sponsored internship you should be a junior, senior or graduate student majoring in Journalism. A GPA of 3.0 or higher also is required in most cases.
Meet With Internship Director Prof. Maida Odom.
Prof. Odom will help you find and apply for the Internship that is right for you. Contact her at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
Download the Internship Packet
Students who have registered for an Internship must download the Internship Packet (PDF) before beginning their internships.