Welcome to the internship information center for Temple University’s Department of Journalism. This page is designed to answer all of your questions about the department’s internship program: who can sign up; how to sign up; what kinds of internships are available and how employers can participate.
Employers should send a job description and contact information and Professor Maida Odom will (in most circumstances) post the information to our listserv. Students will contact employers directly. Intern selection decisions are left to employers; students’ work hours should be agreed upon between the intern and supervisor.
Questions should be directed to Professor Maida Odom at email@example.com, and she should be contacted if any problems arise.
Internship Office Hours (Spring 2015)
Wednesdays 9:00 – 10:00 am and 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Deadlines for Internship Submissions (Spring 2015)
- Midterm Supervisor Evaluations due Friday, March 13 (Complete online)
- Research Project proposal* due to Prof. Maida Odom Friday, April 17
- Final Supervisor Evaluations due Friday, May 1 (Complete online)
- Final intern self-evaluations due on or before Friday, May 1 (Complete online)
- Daily logs and portfolios or research projects must be submitted through email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 1
*Students submitting portfolios are not required to submit research proposals or research papers.
* If you are submitting multiple surveys from the same computer you must clear your cookies and cache in between sessions. More information can be found here under “One Response Per Computer.”
Four Steps to Enrolling in an Internship Program
Meet the Requirements
In order to accept a Department of Journalism sponsored internship you should be a junior, senior or graduate student majoring in Journalism. A GPA of 3.0 or higher also is required in most cases.
Meet With Internship Director Prof. Maida Odom.
Prof. Odom will help you find and apply for the Internship that is right for you. Contact her at email@example.com to set up an appointment.
Download the Internship Packet
Students who have registered for an Internship must download the Internship Packet (PDF) before beginning their internships.