You are invited to subscribe to the listserv for the Media & Communication doctoral program at Temple University.
A listserv allows subscribers to read and post messages to a “list” of e-mail addresses. Over 225 M&C students, faculty, alumnae/i, and others use the listserv to:
- Distribute news of interest to the M&C community, including details about M&C and other course offerings, funding opportunities, calls for papers, job opportunities, research opportunities, upcoming and completed exams and proposal/dissertation defenses, alumnae/i activities, social events, and more
- Discuss topics of interest to the M&C community, including news events related to the media; news media coverage of health, politics, science, etc.; ideas for studies or papers; and much more
- Share information, answer questions, and solve problems. Subscribers are encouraged to post questions concerning M&C courses, schedules, and policies; teaching and grading dilemmas; research design and implementation issues; how to write successful grant proposals; library and other resources; interesting Internet web sites; where to purchase and how to operate computer hardware and software; and much more, and
- Encourage a sense of community for everyone associated with M&C.
If you’d like to subscribe to the MC listserv do ONE of the following things:
- Go to http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/mc.html and follow the simple instructions there.
- Send e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that you’d like to subscribe.
Note: The MC listserv replaced the MMC listserv in early 2013 when the program’s named was changed from “Mass Media & Communication” to “Media & Communication”; the archive for the MMC list is available at http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/mmc.html.
Note: Current M&C students are also automatically subscribed to a separate listserv, MC_NOW, which features additional announcements and discussion. For more information please contact email@example.com.