TUTV fulfills dreams with ‘Before I Graduate…’

Screen shot 2013-03-19 at 1.32.25 PM

By Samantha Miller
Strategic Communication student

Last semester, TUTV invited Temple students to share their undergraduate dreams for the chance to have them fulfilled in a new special, “Before I Graduate…” (B.I.G).

The first installment of B.I.G. featured freshman theater major Elijah Goodwin, whose dream was to become Hooter T. Owl. Goodwin’s B.I.G. dream became a reality at the Liacouras Center during Temple University Men’s Basketball 83-78 win against Detroit, but not before a rigorous training session with the real Hooter.

Before taking the court, Goodwin prepared for his B.I.G. debut by learning a few of Hooter’s moves. Hooter taught him how to walk, move and dance just like him and offered a few words of advice before Goodwin suited up and was set free on the court. He feels the transformation was a success.

“Hooter can fly, and I believe that as a Temple student we all can fly,” he said. “We can reach the top. We can soar. We can succeed.”

The first installment of “Before I Graduate…” premiered on TUTV on Comcast Digital Cable Channel 50 and Channel 45 on Verizon FIOS March 8. B.I.G. is also available online at templetv.net.

Two more episodes are scheduled to air in April. In one, a student takes a turn at the Temple Update anchor desk and in another a student records an original song in the Annenberg Hall studio.

Click here to watch “Before I Graduate.”

This entry was posted in MSP, School News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

• Archives