TUTV’s ‘Before I Graduate’ hits the big screen

recording

MSP major A.J. Gallagher was featured in the second episode of “Before I Graduate” on TUTV.

By Amber Burns and Kelly Dougherty
PRowl Public Relations

Philly In Focus, a multimedia platform dedicated to connecting the Philadelphia community through the video and interactive media of its groups, institutions and programs affiliated with Comcast, selected a TUTV, Temple University Television, video special to feature on its website.

The video was a part of TUTV’s “Before I Graduate” (BIG) series, which gave Temple students the chance to accomplish their Temple Made goals. This video showcased student Elijah Goodwin fulfilling his goal of becoming Hooter T. Owl for a day. After extensive training with the real Hooter, Goodwin geared up and performed for students, faculty and fans at a men’s basketball game at the Liacouras Center in February.

After generating high levels of traffic to the Philly In Focus website, the Comcast partner decided to take the video to next level. Philly In Focus showcased the special on a giant outdoor screen located in the courtyard of Commerce Square at 21st and Market Streets. The video was set to play continuously in rotation among several other videos chosen for the amount of traffic received and quality of footage.

To the recording studio!
In the series’ second episode, A.J. Gallagher got to experience his BIG moment.

Gallagher, a Media Studies and Production major, has always had a passion for music and singing. His dream was to make the leap from the production side of recording music to the performance side. Thanks to TUTV, Gallagher was able to create an EP of his original songs in the Annenberg Hall recording studio. MSP Professor and Director of the Record Industry Concentration, Jack Klotz Jr., mentored Gallagher through the process and personally assisted in making his dream a reality.

“This is my foot in the door,” Gallagher said, “and I’m enjoying every second of it.”

Click here to watch “Before I Graduate: Hooter for a Day”

Click here to watch “Before I Graduate: Recording an EP”

This entry was posted in MSP, School News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

• Archives