Welcome, SMC class of 2017!

The School of Media and Communication welcomed the class of 2017 with a school meeting in Mitten Hall Aug. 23. We asked a few of our newest students what they’re expecting as they enter the first semester of their college careers.

Photography by SMC student Andrew Thayer.

HodgeName: Jennifer Hodge
Major: Communication Studies
Hometown: New York, N.Y.

“I’m looking to find a broad spectrum of different classes so that I can broaden my horizons and become the student that I want to be so that I can pursue a career in what I want to do.”

HunterName: Eric Hunter
Major: Media Studies and Production
Hometown: Royersford, Pa.

“So many different emotions: stress, excitement, maybe a little bit of anger over studying, and just a lot of fun.”

BaarName: Jessica Baar
Major: Advertising
Hometown: Allentown, Pa.

“I hear college classes are really exciting because they’re specified for more of what you want. I’m ready for that.”

GrimesName: Jay Grimes
Major: Strategic Communication
Hometown: Hillsborough, N.J.

“I hope to learn a lot. I’m excited to start my classes and really learn all about public relations.”

WexlerName: Madison Wexler
Major: Journalism
Hometown: Macungie, Pa.

“I expect my first semester to be a little bit overwhelming, but I’m looking forward to making new friends and starting my classes and getting into the motion that is college.”

This entry was posted in School News, Student News and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.

• Archives