Admissions decisions are based in part on professional preparation and experience, honors, and awards. Prior grounding in communication practices is preferred, but outstanding applicants without communication-related experience will be considered.
Applicants must submit the following materials:
- Statement of goals
- Official undergraduate transcripts (and graduate transcripts when there has been work toward another degree)
- Scores from the Graduate Record Examination
- At least two letters of recommendation
- A record of professional experience such as a resume or c.v.
- Writing or research samples (optional).
You can apply using this online form.
Students may take a total of 9 credits as a non-matriculated student. These may be ONLY core courses in the M.S. program.
Students may be admitted for either Fall or Spring semesters. Applicants should have their completed credentials on file by February 15 for the Fall semester and November 1 for the Spring semester.
SMC Graduate Office
Annenberg Hall 344
2020 North 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
Phone: (215) 204-8560
- Caitlin Gamble, Assistant Director of the Office of Research and Graduate Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org and 215-204-8560
- Dr. Guillermo Caliendo, Program Director: email@example.com