- University Core Requirements Checksheet (PDF)
- General Education Requirements Checksheet (PDF)
- Major Requirements Checksheet for students who declared a major after Fall '08 (PDF)
- Major Requirements Checksheet for students who declared a major before Fall '08 (PDF)
The Department of Strategic Communication offers a minor in leadership to provide the theoretical background, historical contexts, and core competencies needed to become effective leaders and team members in a variety of fields and professions.
Leadership is a communication and relational process, not a position. Leadership requires responsible, thoughtful reflection and action from all levels of society. This approach requires competencies in self-awareness, team skills, ethical decision-making, as well as the ability to generate a vision and lead with, through, and for others to bring about positive change.
|STRC 1111||Public Speaking||3|
|STRC 1112||Communicating Leadership||3|
|STRC 2661||Introduction to Organizational Communication||3|
|STRC 2672 or 2696||Global Communication or Diverse Communication and||3|
|STRC 2662||Leading Groups and Team Building||3|
|STRC 4879 or 4670||Collaborative Advocacy or Special Topics In Organizational Leadership||3|
|Total credits required for the minor in Leadership||18|
The Leadership minor provides courses to develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform in the following areas:
- Understand high performance teams
- Discover potential and personal values, passions, and vision
- Build competence in leadership communication skills
- Develop ability to work effectively with diverse groups in diverse contexts
- Understand organizational systems and how to implement change
If you are interested adding a minor in Leadership, contact an advisor in the SMC Advising Center.
The Leadership minor is not available to StratComm majors.