London Summer 2014 Global Media Conference Program (Wed., 1/29 – 1-2pm, Annenberg Hall, Room 304)
New York City Summer 2014 Program (Wed., 2/5 – 11a-12pm, Howard Gittis Student Center, Room 220)
South Africa Summer 2014 Program (Tues., 2/11 – 12:30-1:30pm, Annenberg Hall, Room 301)
Global Internship Summer 2014 Program (Wed., 2/19 – 11am – 12:30pm, Annenberg Hall, Room 301)
London Fall 2014/Spring 2015 Program (Monday, 3/17 – 12pm-1pm Annenberg Hall Room 202)
Intro to Study Away (Wednesday, 4/23, 1:30-2:30pm Annenberg Hall Room 304)
Schedule an Appointment with SMC Study Away
Whether you want to explore your options for study away, discuss the application process, get some assistance with the financial process or anything else, the qualified and professional peer advisors are here to help! Schedule an appointment with one of the SMC Study Away peer advisors that works in the office on a part-time basis to ensure that you have your questions answered when it’s convenient for you.
Peer advisors are available for appointments Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm in Annenberg Hall, Room 6. You can schedule an appointment online using the button below or you can stop by the office to schedule an appointment.
Spring 2014 Peer Advisor schedules are listed below and details on their advising specialties are also listed below. You should review their hours and advising areas before scheduling an appointment. You can click on the peer advisors name below to take you directly to their availability for appointments.
After reviewing peer advisor schedules (below) and advising areas, click the “Schedule an Appointment” button to schedule an appointment for the Spring 2014 semester. You will receive an email confirming your appointment time and you will also receive a reminder email 12 hours before your scheduled appointment time. If the need arises to cancel or reschedule your appointment, you can easily do so online with the instructions contained in your confirmation email. All peer advisors appointments will be held in Anneberg Hall, Room 6 unless otherwise advised.
- Assistant Director for Study Away
- Advises: Dublin, Barcelona, Hong Kong, New York, Global Internship, London Semester, London Summer, London Internship, South Africa, Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
- Senior, MSP major, London Spring 2013 alumni
- Advises: London Semester, London Summer, South Africa
- Office Hours: Monday & Wednesday, 9am – 11am and Friday, 9am – 12pm
- Senior, AOD major, Barcelona Summer 2013 alumni
- Advises: Barcelona, Hong Kong, other DCI/Internship options, New York City, Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Office Hours: Monday & Wednesday, 11am – 5pm and Friday, 1pm – 5pm
- Senior, FMA major, London Fall 2012 alumni
- Advises: London Semester, London Internships, London Summer, Visas, Scholarships and Financial Aid, Social Media, South Africa
- Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday, 9am – 5pm
- Junior, STRC major with PR concentration, International Communication Concentration, Spanish Minor, Dublin Summer 2013 alumni
- Advises: Dublin, Barcelona, Hong Kong, South Africa, Scholarships and Financial Aid, International Communication Concentration
- Office Hours: Tuesday, 11:30am – 5pm & Thursday, 11:30am – 3:15pm
SMC Study Away on Social Media
The best way to preview the student experience on any study away program is through our various social media sites! Add us or follow us on social media and check out our hash tag to see what our students are up to! #smcstudyaway
Student Produced Content
SMC Study Away students produce content for classes, in their spare time, as part of a study away stipend or scholarship and for a variety of other reasons. If you want to take a sneak peak into what the student experience is really like on a study away program, check out some of the student produced content below!
During the Fall 2013 semester in London, Mariana Zimmerman and Rob Monroe produced content for Temple Update. Their Temple in London segments aired on TUTV throughout the semester and the Temple in London segments will continue during Spring 2014 with two new student reporters, Jade Jarvis and Amma Dorman. To view all Temple in London segments visit the Temple Update site here.
Summer 2013 South Africa Study Away program has been profiled by a number of outlets in the media and won a 2013 EPPY award! To check out all of the media and awards this unique program has garnered, click here. All of their student produced content, since the inaugural program in Summer 2011, can be found on the Department of Journalism’s news website, philadelphianeighborhoods.com and is archived here. Lastly, their award winning social media Tumblr site can be found here. The other social media platforms where content was produced for the program can be found on a variety of TU South Africa sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
TUTV student produced commercials for Dublin and London were used to promote summer programs!
TUTV aired a full length documentary from MSP graduate student and Summer 2012 Londoner, Gino Canella. Read the story and veiw his documentary on the industry behind the infamous British Pub.
Study Away students report live from the London Olympics! Check out all of their special reports for Temple @ the London Olympics, here. Isabel Garcia, one of the reporters in London, won an Emmy for her report on the “Sustainability Efforts in the 2012 Summer Olympic Games.”
- The Philadelphia Inquirer covered the story of our Temple London student journalists reporting from the Summer Olympics and so did CBS 3. The students themselves blogged about their experiences here on their Temple @ The London Olympics blog and the Temple News also covered their story.
TUTV aired documentaries from the Summer 2011 study away program in South Africa. You can find them all here.
SMC Study Away general listserv
SMC Study Away maintains a listserv for prospective students to receive information announcements via email. We will announce information sessions and events, when program applications open, when deadlines are approaching, when scholarship opportunities are available and much more.
To subscribe to the listserv, visit this page here.
SMC Study Away Alumni listserv
SMC Study Away will periodically send relevant information about opportunities and events that might be of interest to alumni of SMC Study Away programs.