Please make sure to fill out the following Course Registration Form by April 1:
Course Registration (Due April 1)
To read the course offerings for Dublin Summer 2013, visit the Dublin Courses page here. If there is more than one section for each course, please choose only one. All students are required to register for 6 credits.
You must speak with an academic advisor before leaving for Dublin, and you should make an appointment immediately to do so if you have not recently discussed your summer abroad with an advisor. If you have already met with an advisor to discuss your summer in Dublin, you do not need to make another appointment.
Please use the Course Registration form to fill out your courses. You may leave the “Course Reference Number” column blank. Please note that you do not need an advisor’s signature. You only need to indicate, with your signature, that you have spoken with an advisor concerning your plans to study in Dublin.
Your course registration form is due on April 1. Please complete the form with the Department Name, Course #, and Credit Hours, for each course (please leave the CRN blank).
Please mail, fax or deliver your registration choices no later than April 1, 2013 to:
School of Media and Communication
Room 6, Annenberg Hall
2020 North 13 Street
Philadelphia, Pa 19122
Online Student Registration (through IES): will begin between shortly after March 1, 2013
You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org soon after March 1. This email will explain the online registration process with IES Abroad. It is very important that you click on the link contained in your own email, as each link is unique to each individual student and connects them with their individual record with IES Abroad.
Online Account and Online Forms: to be submitted by March 15, 2013
After you have completed your online registration, you will be given access to online forms in your account, which include but are not limited to: Arrival Form, Emergency Contact Information Form, Passport Form, and Digital Head Shot Photo Submission Form. You will be able to access and submit these forms 24 – 48 hours after completing the Online Student Registration process mentioned above. It should take you only about 15-20 minutes to complete the forms.
Weekend Excursion: As you may know, included in your program fee is a weekend excursion. The two choices this year will be Kerry or Northern Ireland. The two previous links are two PDFs that bullet-point the highlights of each excursion. The excursions will both take place on the same weekend, so you will need to select one or the other excursion. Please confirm with Erin, via email (email@example.com), which excursion you would like to participate by March 15th.
Tuition for full-time students (6 credits)*
PA state residents: $3,168 (tentative)
Out-of-state residents: $5,238 (tentative)
PA state residents: $707 per credit, plus university fee of up to $295
Out-of-state residents: $981 per credit, plus university fee of up to $295
Fees (for all students):
Program fee: $3,160*
University Services Fee: $213
International Insurance Fee: $51*
Estimated totals for billed expenses:
PA state residents: $6,592
Out-of-state residents: $8,662
* Program fees do not include meals, but kitchen facilities are available. The International Insurance Fee is a new, mandatory university fee for all student participating in an international program beginning with Spring 2013.
Included in the tuition and program fee:
- Two Media and Communication courses with a focus on Irish culture (6 undergraduate credits)
- Welcome lunch
- Day trip to Glendalough
- Weekend trip to County Kerry or Northern Ireland
- Shared student housing in apartments in Dublin
- An orientation session and a tour of the city
- Local transportation pass
- A comprehensive health insurance package
- Farewell lunch
Other estimated costs:
- Passport (for a new one, fees can total $110)
- Meals: $500 (estimated summer total). This will vary depending on style of living.
- Daily expenses: $1000 (estimated summer total). This will vary depending on style of living.
- Cell phone rental estimate: $150
- International Student Identity Card: $25
- Roundtrip airfare from Philadelphia: $800