New Advertising curriculum includes focus on digital skills for job market
To prepare students for the evolving job market, the Department of Advertising is rolling out a new curriculum that increases the emphasis on the digital side of advertising. The Department will now also offer a new concentration in media planning.
The department will continue to teach the core communication skills and advertising knowledge that students need, while adding several new courses. The changes take effect in the Fall 2015 semester.
The biggest new area of the curriculum embraces the technological advancement in how media firms, corporations and ad agencies present, acquire and track information. Many courses already included these developments but the new curriculum officially builds them into the structure of the department in required and elective courses. Current juniors and seniors can choose to remain with the prior curriculum.
- Political Marketing Expert Brings the Elections to the Classroom
- SMC Students Place 16th Nationally in the Google Online Marketing Challenge
- Student Team wins Gold in National Ad Competition
- Regina Brown lets her vision loose … finally!
- Advertising professor and students’ work asking to “Get out the Vote”
- Advertising Students Win Merit Award in International Advertising Competition
- Advertising Alumna Pursues a Master’s with Cornell Tech in New York City
- Temple Places 4th at Regional Advertising Competition
- Advertising Department Celebrates Student Accomplishments at Annual Award Ceremony and Senior Showcase
- SMC Students Present Communication Research at Temple’s Undergraduate Forum