Location: McGonigle Hall
1800 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122
Date: Friday, May 8, 2015
Time: 1:30 p.m.
Graduates are asked to arrive no later than 12:30 p.m.
If you are completing all requirements during the Spring 2015 semester or have been approved to “walk”, you are invited to attend. Graduates may only attend one School Graduation Ceremony as well as university-wide May Commencement.
Prospective May 2015 Graduates must do the following to attend the ceremony:
1. Complete a Graduation Review with an academic advisor:
At this appointment, you will complete the official SMC graduation paperwork and receive a list of your remaining courses/credits for graduation. You may visit the SMC Student Affairs Office in Annenberg Hall, Room 9 or contact (215) 204-5273 to schedule your appointment.
For more information regarding the Graduation Review, please visit our Apply for Graduation page.
2. Submit your Online Graduation Application through Self-Service Banner:
If you plan to complete your remaining degree requirements during the Spring 2015 semester, you must submit the Online Graduation Application by February 15, 2015.
If you are graduating in July 2015, you will submit the Online Graduation Application during the 2015 Summer Sessions.
For instructions on how to submit your Online Graduation Application, please visit our Apply for Graduation page.
3. Register for the Ceremony and RSVP for tickets online for your guests:
Registration for the University Commencement and the SMC Graduation Ceremony is now closed. The deadline to RSVP was Friday, March 20, 2015.
- For Undergraduate students (BA), tickets will be available for pick-up in the Annenberg Hall Atrium, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, April 13, 2015 through Friday, April 17, 2015. All students must present valid identification and sign that they received their requested number of tickets.
- Note: Once you sign for your tickets, they are NON-REPLACEABLE. It is the responsibility of the student to count and retain their allotted number of tickets. Lost or stolen tickets will NOT be replaced. Forfeited tickets will NOT be redistributed. No extra tickets will be given. Tickets will NOT be mailed.
- For Graduate students (MA, MJ, MS, and PhD), tickets will be available for pick-up in the SMC Office of Research & Graduate Studies in Annenberg Hall, Room 344, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, April 13, 2015 through Friday, April 17, 2015. All students must present valid ID in order for tickets to be released.
4. Order academic regalia:
Purchase your required cap, gown, tassel, and hood at the Temple University Bookstore, located at 13th Street and Montgomery Avenue in the Howard Gittis Student Center. Online ordering is now available at: https://oakhalli.com/colleges/templeuniversity. The deadline to order online is Thursday, April 23, 2015.
For the School of Media and Communication, the cap and gown are black; the hood is red, white and black; and the tassel is white with a gold ’15 charm.
The total price for the full regalia is:
- Bachelor of Arts: $65.98 + tax
- Master’s degree: $70.98 + tax
- Doctorate: $85.98 + tax
If you have questions regarding regalia, contact:
- Ms. Vicki Lentine (Bookstore): 215-204-8970
- Oak Hall (vendor): 1-800-456-7623
Visit our Graduation FAQ page to learn all of the details you, your family and friends need to know to celebrate your accomplishment.
Still have a question that hasn’t been answered here?