Locating a job in journalism can be a challenge. But we are here to help you.
You need to make sure you have a solid resumé and a portfolio containing examples of your professional work. Internships and other professional experiences are essential for securing jobs in journalism. For advice on resumés please contact Temple’s Career Center. For portfolio advice, please consult with your faculty advisor.
All SMC students are encouraged to visit the SMC Career Center in Annenberg Hall, Room 341 for assistance in résumé creation, edits, job/intern search, cover letters, and more.
Below are a number databases to help you with your job search:
- Temple University’s Career Center
- The Poynter Institute’s Career Center
- Society of Professional Journalist’s Job Bank
- Radio-Television News Directors Association Careers
- Magazine Publishers of America Job Bank
- Newspaper Career Bank
- American Copy Editors Society Job Postings
- Public Relations Student Society of America’s Job Center
- LostRemote.com Social TV and Digital Media Jobs