Graduate students in Temple University’s School of Media and Communication (SMC) are involved in groundbreaking projects and scholarship. Here are some examples of work from students in the Master of Arts in Media Studies and Production program.
Gino Canella shot and produced this short documentary while studying abroad with the School of Media and Communication in London. He researched and developed the project as a part of his graduate studies.
Master of Arts project by Shiyu Zhang. SMC Temple University.
Manchilde of the Butta Babees released a new single from the album Phenomenology while working toward his Master of Arts degree in Media Studies and Production.
Some recent scholarly thesis titles include
- Anna Aupperle. From ‘Teenage Dream’ to Collective Reality: Participatory Online Fandom Communities, Social Activism, and the Media Spectacle.
- Julia Czaja. Mobile Intimacy: Telepresence, Mobile Technology, and Romantic Relationships. Satarupa Dasgupta. The Impact of Direct to Consumer Advertisements of Prescription Drugs on the Health Care Seeking Behavior of Male and Female Undergraduate Communication Students.
- Charles Michael Fulton. Making Up and Over: An Ethnography of a Reality Television Production House.
- Megan Hurson. Social Capital in A Hybrid Online & Offline Social Networking Community.
- Margaret Griffith. Looking for You: An Examination of VLogs.
- Hyungmin Kim. The Uses and Gratifications of Sports Media Audiences.
- Maria Sciarrino. The Production and Use of Popular Music Concert Photographs.