The Global Internship program is offered every summer in major cities throughout the world: Barcelona, Boston, Chicago, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, Miami, New York City, Paris and Washington, D.C. Regardless of their location, all students spend three weeks on Temple’s Main Campus taking Intercultural Communication in the Workplace together before they depart for full-time internships in their chosen destinations. Global internships include all the necessary onsite amenities, including housing, meals (in most locations), program events and transportation.
As a part of this program, you’ll work one-on-one with an industry expert who will help you refine your interviewing skills, perfect your résumé, and help you secure an internship in your desired field. Each program destination combines exciting events, learning and and travel with a résumé-building internship. The required prep course will ensure you’re fully prepared for the workplace and cultural differences you’ll likely encounter in your host city. You’ll also earn transcripts from Temple University and six (6) credits.
NOTE: Language proficiency is not required in any location. English-speaking internship placements are available.
- Summer 2017 on-campus dates (held on Temple University’s Main Campus): TBA
- Application deadline: Feb. 15
London only: Feb. 1
Students intern full time in their respective program locations while completing online course work.
- Barcelona: June 10–Aug. 5, 2017
- Boston: June 4–July 29, 2017
- Chicago: June 4–July 29, 2017
- Dublin: June 1–July 29, 2017
- Hong Kong: June 3–July 29, 2017
- London: June 3–July 29, 2017
- Los Angeles: June 18–Aug. 12, 2017
- Miami: June 4–July 29, 2017
- New York City: June 4–July 29, 2017
- Paris: June 1–July 30, 2017
- Washington, D.C.: June 4–July 29, 2017
Courses (6–7 credits)
- Intercultural Communication in the Workplace, an on-campus class requirement for all students
- An online internship course and a full-time internship
Dorm-style housing is available in program locations; excursions and transportation passes are included (as are meal plans in some places).