What must I do to apply for graduation?
When you have 88 credits or more, you are required to schedule and attend an hour-long Graduation Review with an academic advisor. This is a mandatory step in the graduation process to ensure that you have completed all necessary degree requirements. At this appointment, you will complete the official SMC graduation paperwork and receive a list of your remaining courses/credits for graduation. It is recommended that you complete your Graduation Review the semester before your intended graduation date.
You may visit the SMC Student Affairs Office in Annenberg Hall, Room 9 or contact (215) 204-5273 to schedule your appointment.
Forgot what was said during your advising session?
- Don’t fret! Just log into the TUportal and select the Student Tools tab.
- On the right side of the page, under the Records section, select the Advising Sessions tab to review what was discussed with your advisor.
You can also review the Degree Audit Report System (DARS) to see what remaining requirements you have left.
- You may access your DARS report on the TUportal.
- Select the Student Tools tab.
- On the right side of the page, under the Records section, select DARS.
You must submit an application for graduation through Self-Service Banner during the semester in which you plan to complete all necessary degree requirements. Please be sure that all information (the spelling of your name, your permanent address, and major[s]/minor[s]) is correct prior to submitting. Any changes that need to be made to your record after submission will result in the removal of your application, and you will be responsible for submitting a new one.
- Log into the TUportal and click on the Self-Service Banner link in the left column.
- Click on the Student tab.
- Click on the Student Records tab.
- Click on Apply to Graduate and follow the instructions to complete.
**Should you not complete this important step; you will not be included on the final graduation list or receive a diploma.**
Online Application Deadlines
- December 2016 (Fall 2016 semester) – October 1, 2016
- May 2017 (Spring 2017 semester) – February 1, 2017
- July 2017 (Summer 2017 sessions) – July 18, 2017
Any hold against your account must be removed at least two weeks prior to graduation. Temple University will not release diplomas if a hold appears on the student’s account. To determine whether your account has any outstanding holds, visit Self-Service Banner, select Student, Student Records, and View Holds.
- Click here for more information regarding Financial Delinquencies.
- For Library Services, please contact the Circulation Desk for borrowing and fines assistance at 215-204-0744.
- For Athletic-related holds, please visit Compliance & Student-Athlete Affairs.
- For University Disciplinary Committee (UDC) holds, please contact the Office of Student Conduct at 215-204-3286.
- For Student Health Services (SHS), you may call 215-204-7500.
- Click here to complete the Exit Interview. If you have any questions in regards to the Exit Interview, please call the Bursar’s Office Department of Credit and Collections at 215-204-5549.